Monday, August 20, 2007

Gimme back my 2kg

So I'm on this rigorous weight gain regime in a long shot to get fat. A lot of people must be royally pissed off by now after finishing my first sentence. But really, a weight problem is a weight problem. Being too skinny is just as much of a problem as being overweight. People call you a liar when you say you've never been on a diet. Your mom is upset that you consume all that food without any visible results. Your nephew refuses your hugs because you're so bony that he can't find a nice soft place to rest his cute little head on. It is simply harmful to your social life. Anyway, this whole thing just got out of control after I got an appendectomy. What happens after they cut you open and take out a piece of angry flesh is you can't eat and digest well for a period of time. Probably the revenge of the appendix for being ditched after doing nothing for 30 years. So there went some more of my desperately needed weight. I can't say that makes me a skeleton, but pretty close. BMI-wise, I just plunged from "underweight" (possibly anorexic) to border on "starvation."


Source: Wikipedia, Body mass index

To tackle this problem, I started doing what all people working on weight management do: reading the calories information on the back of the package. The higher, the better. Believe me or not, when you eat because you have to and not because you want to, the joy and gratification wears off pretty soon. I complained to G, and was met with a snapping response: "What do you think this is? It's WAR!! You don't eat for pleasure! It's just like going on a diet. You suffer!" Thanks G. Now I remember why you are my best friend. And hopefully my lost 2kg comes back to me pretty soon. I want to get off this horrendous diet.

No comments: